Teure internationale Schulen in Shanghai boomen trotz des wiederholt hervorragenden Abschneidens der lokalen Bildungseinrichtungen in der PISA Studie. Warum wollen viele Chinesen und fast alle Ausländer ihre Kinder nicht derartige Einrichtungen besuchen lassen? Listen in or read up.
Bildung in China
Leaving or Staying
Why do more people leave from than move to China? What are their reasons to leave? Why did Canada cancel it's investment immigration program in February 2014? Why should the EU implement a common immigration policy for the Schengen area? How Chinese will Europe be in 2030? Listen in or read up.
1) podcasts as a medium bring information into a flow that is difficult to achieve with other mediums. Consumers get a condensed package of information within a short time without any effort. Listen to 吾国与吾民 | MCAMP wherever you want and whatever you do - on the tube, in the gym, on the bus, in the car, at your desk, etc.
If you want to know more on certain topics go to the podcast website mycountryandmypeople.org and read the podcast related essays.
2) We discuss China related issues from a mainly European perspective. There has been much coverage on China, in particular from an US perspective, which we want to juxtapose.
3) we discuss china from a dragonhead perspective, because we are based in shanghai. Thus paying tribute to China's continent-state nature with many urban centers apart from its continent-state capital Beijing.
4) we talk in groups of 3-5 participants with mainly European-Chinese background.
5) we talk to foster mutual intercultural understanding
6) we talk in the language that is common ground to the participants, therefore not necessarily English, but also Chinese or German.
7) we discuss topics that have some personal urgency for China residents or contemporary drama for humanity.
8) participants are free to chose a pseudonym
9) 吾国与吾民 | MCAMP is a reference to one of the greatest bridge bloggers ever: the grand linguist and author 林语堂 Lin Yutang, who understood both the West and China like nobody else before him.
10) we talk to bring certain topics on a metalevel, which might not be conceived elsewhere. For this purpose a short essay is sent to the participants one week prior recording, which is then published on mycountryandmypeople.org